Make the best of the new keurig® 2.0 with these helpful tips
I put a compatible brand in my Keurig® 2.0 brewer and it’s not working. Why?/What can I do?*
Don’t worry: your Keurig® brewer functions well. Just check the K-Cup® packs to make sure they’re compatible with the new Keurig® 2.0 brewer. All Keurig® 2.0 brewers feature Keurig 2.0 Brewing TechnologyTM which reads each lid to deliver the perfect beverage every time
Keurig® K-Cup® packs
With no outside ring
Only works in Keurig® K-Cup® brewers (not Keurig® 2.0 brewers).
With Keurig 2.0 Brewing TechnologyTM feature a white, gray or lavender outer ring.
With Keurig 2.0 Brewing TechnologyTM feature a green dot.
How do I recognize Keurig® compatible K-Cup® packs?
Always look for the on boxes to ensure the K-Cup® packs will work with all Keurig® brewers including Keurig® 2.0 brewers and previous Keurig® systems.
1I put a compatible brand in my Keurig® 2.0 brewer and it’s not working. Why?
- Don’t worry: your Keurig® brewer functions well. Just check your K-Cup® packs to make sure they’re compatible with the new Keurig® 2.0 brewer.
- The Keurig 2.0 Brewing TechnologyTM reads each lid to deliver the perfect beverage every time. The new K-Cup® pack lids have a new special outer ring.
- While all K-Cup® packs manufactured by Keurig Canada Inc. have been transitioned to include the new Keurig 2.0 Brewing TechnologyTM, it is possible that the previous generation of K-Cup® pack remains on shelves… or in your pantry!
- To make sure it’s a compatible K-Cup® pack, please look for the pale outer ring on the lid. If you are not sure, please give us a call at 1-866-950-2326, and we’ll be happy to help you.
- In stores, always look for the checkmark on boxes to ensure your K-cup® packs will work with all Keurig® brewers (Note: all products from Keurig.ca are compatible, but do not have the checkmark).
2What happens if I put a non-compatible brand pack in my Keurig® 2.0 brewer?
- The system won’t brew the pack and a message will appear on your brewer screen. Please call us at 1-866-950-2326 and we’ll help you find a solution.
- We are confident that you will find a flavour to suit your tastes among over 170 varieties of coffee, tea, hot cocoa and iced beverages from 30 brands we offer.
3What is the difference between the Keurig® K-Cup® system and the Keurig® 2.0 system?
- The Keurig® 2.0 is the only Keurig® brewing system to brew a single cup AND a four-cup carafe, making it perfect for you and your guests!
- It recognizes the inserted pack and adjusts to the customized setting for that particular pack. That way, we make sure that you can enjoy the best quality beverage, every time.
- The Keurig® 2.0 system brews bolder coffee with the Strong setting. And there are lot of other features! For more info visit Keurig.ca.
4Why have K-Cup® pack lids changed?
- The Keurig 2.0 brewers are equipped with new technology that recognizes the inserted pack and adjust to the customized setting for that particular pack.
- The new lid reflects our commitment to quality, taste, and safety that you expect from us.
5Will I need to change my original Keurig K-Cup® system?
- Don’t worry! All Keurig® K-Cup® packs will continue to brew in your brewer so you can enjoy over 170 varieties of coffee, tea, hot cocoa and iced beverages from 30 brands.
- However, if you wish to brew K-CarafeTM packs that can deliver up to four cups at a time, please note that such packs can only be used in the Keurig® 2.0 brewers. They are larger in size and will not fit in your existing brewer.
What to look for:
6Will new K-Cup® packs work in my old brewer?
- Absolutely. All new K-Cup® packs are compatible with all Keurig brewing systems, so you can enjoy the beverages you love.
- K-CarafeTM packs only work in the Keurig® 2.0 brewing systems.
What to look for:
7Did you change the variety you offer with the launch of Keurig® 2.0 system?
- Of course not! We still offer the same wide variety of K-Cup® packs that work in both systems. And now, there is more to love: we offer K-CarafeTM packs for the Keurig® 2.0 system.
- Innovations are coming, with additional brands and beverages to be added over time!
- Visit keurig.ca and stay tuned!
- Subscribe to our newsletter to be one the first to know when a new variety will be made available.
8Why is the My K-Cup® not working in Keurig® 2.0?
- The Keurig® 2.0 brewer is the first Keurig® brewer to feature Keurig 2.0 Brewing TechnologyTM to brew a cup and a carafe. Keurig 2.0 Brewing TechnologyTM enables the brewer to recognize the inserted pack and adjust to the customized setting for that particular pack. The My K-Cup® accessory and other reusable filters are not compatible with Keurig 2.0 Brewing TechnologyTM because the brewer has no way of determining what beverage is being used or how much coffee is being added, and therefore cannot adjust to factors such as brew strength and amount of water, which could represent a safety concern.